Couples and marriages--what makes it work?
Seven Principals for Making a Marriage Work
Excerpted from John Gottman, PH.D publication
Why couples end up with divorce.
The four horsemen:
Flooding (defending against emotional feelings of other person)
Body Language (fight or flight, high heart rate, blood pressure)
Failed Repair Attempts
What helps couples stay together?
1. Enhance what you do in common
2. Nurture your fondness and admiration
3. Turn toward each other instead of away
4. Let your Partner influence you
5. Solve your solvable problems
6. Overcome gridlock
7. Create shared meaning
Facts on Marriage in the USA
1. 68% of all marriages end up with divorce
2. 2nd marriage divorce rate higher if re-marriage is in three years or less
3. Couples live 4 years longer then people alone. (pets help people alone live longer)
4. Couples have improved immunity system over people who live alone
Thanks for reading my blog!! We will have another one in a few days.